Instructor Development Course
EFR Instructor course
IDC Crew pack, inc. the new PADI IDC eModule
EFR Instructor manual & pocket mask
All PADI application and examination fees
14 nights shared accommodation including breakfast and dinner
We are proud to report a 100% IE Pass rate to date.
The PADI IDC is made up of two parts – Assistant Instructor (AI) and Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) training – following successful completion of the IDC you will be eligible to participate in the Instructor Examination (IE) to earn the PADI Instructor rating.
Throughout the process you will build on the leadership and supervision skills you learnt during your Divemaster training and develop your teaching abilities. This will be done through a combination of self study, instructor led presentations and in-water assessment and workshop sessions. You will learn how to present information in the classroom and clarify theory points for students, organise and conduct skill development sessions in confined water, and how to maintain control (and have fun!) in open water training sessions.
You will learn about a variety of topics that will set you up to be an integral and successful member of the dive industry such as:
• Teaching children
• Business, sales and marketing strategies
• The specifics of each course you will be certified to teach
• Risk management
• PADI’s philosophy of education
You will also come out with a wealth of environmental and conservation tips, tricks and initiatives and the confidence to teach others about it. Our IDC also includes 1 day for the EFR Instructor rating which is required to become a scuba instructor. Upon successful completion of the IDC you will attend the Instructor Examination (IE), which is PADI’s totally independent evaluation process, which actually certifies you as a PADI Instructor.
You should already have, from previous training courses:
• Instructor Manual – digital/paper. This should be the most up to date version (available to download from the PADI Pros site)
• Previous course manuals (Open Water, Advanced, Rescue, Divemaster)
• Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
In terms of equipment, all standard scuba gear use is included in your package price should you need it, however it is strongly recommended that as a dive professional you have your own set of gear.
The following items are 'must haves' for all dive professionals:
• Dive Tool
• SMB and reel
The IE is conducted by an independent PADI Instructor Examiner. It is usually run over 2 days and covers the following:
• Written Exams in Standards & Procedures and Dive Theory
• Knowledge Development (classroom) presentation
• Confined water teaching presentation
• Skills demonstrations
• Open water teaching presentation
• Rescue Exercise 7 demonstration
The key to passing the IE is preparation. We highly recommend spending time in advance of your IDC practicing skills when possible and taking advice from our dive pros. We are always happy to make time to jump in the water for skills practice or to review ideas for a presentation!
We usually run IDCs twice a year. The exact dates usually depend on the availability of a PADI examiner to conduct the IE at the end of the course. Contact us to register your interest and we will let you know as soon as the new dates become available.
If you don’t currently meet the diving prerequisites, or have questions about the eligibility of non-PADI certiﬁcations please contact us with details of your current level of experience and we can put together a personalised program that meets your speciﬁc needs!
In many cases the answer is yes, but it's best to make sure, so please contact us with the details of you current diving qualifications and we will check them with PADI.
On successfully becoming a PADI instructor you will be authorised to teach the following courses: Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE Coral Reef Conservation.
• The Guide to Teaching with hologram (both digital and paper versions)
• Instructor cue cards for all courses
• Specialty Instructor Manual (digital)
• Open Water Course Prescriptive lesson guides
• Diving Knowledge Workbook
• Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
• Conﬁned Water Lesson Preparation Slate
• Student Skill Practise slate
• Open Water Course Quiz and Exam booklet
• Rescue and Divemaster Exam Booklets
We believe in full transparency when it comes to pricing and dislike nasty surprises as much as you do, so our IDC includes everything you need to become a PADI Instructor. Our Course Directors specialise in small groups, so each candidate gets the proper amount of attention and the best preparation for the IE. Accomodation and breakfast & evening meals are also included in the price of our IDC package, so you don't have to worry about making your own arrangements when you could be studying.